Wednesday

scared, too



I spent the good part of an hour sitting on the floor cutting out all the words that popped out at me as I flipped through the papers, and combined it with a pen drawing I'd done earlier.

Man, I almost depressed myself, going through a few day's worth of world news.

I'm not quite sure the way I treated the newspaper collage + drawing combo feels entirely right. Here's the original drawing:



I find that because drawing takes more time than taking a photo, you tend to remember more about the subject, and the instances surrounding the creation of that image. I finished drawing the guard on the right some hours after my friend left for the USA, and I remember all the emotions of it, and what happened, even though all these things have no relation to the drawing whatsoever.

Or do they?

No comments: